happy wednesday! florence is three weeks old today, the last three weeks have been pretty tiring but also so special. we have had so much support from family which has definitely made the transition from three to four easier. arabella has been amazing, always kissing and wanting to cuddle florence which is the cutest. she has got a cold at the moment which could have been a bit of nightmare but she actually seems fine in herself which is good. i feel like i am a wet wipe machine though, i am constantly wiping, arabella nose, florence’s poo explosions or vomit its wipe wipe wipe. thank the lord for wet wipes…where would us mums be without them!! below are five things i am loving this week, hope you will like them too!
- weekly recipie- one of my aims for 2016 is to meal plan for the week ahead and to cook a new recipe i haven’t done before each week too. when i have meal planned before we have saved money, it was easier, less stressful and we ate more healthy too. countless times last year it would get to the evening and i still hadn’t decided what we were going to eat that night and on those nights the meal would always end up being rubbish because i wouldn’t have enough fresh ingredients in the fridge. i also feel i need to be more organised now i have two little ones as it definitely won’t be easy to pop in and out of supermarkets with any sort of speed. below is this weeks new recipe, which i put together myself after being inspired from a salad i saw in a cafe this last week. the picture below does not do this salad justice, because it was dark and i took it really quickly but trust me it is super tasty and easy.
ROASTED SQUASH, ROCKET AND GOATS CHEESE SALAD
salt + pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp apple cider vinega
* peel the butternut squash and discard the seeds, chop into bite size pieces and place in a roasting tray. drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle over chilli flakes, paprika and salt and pepper. toss around the tray until all the squash is coated and place in oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes. remove when squash is just soft.
*in a salad bowl put the rocket and spinach leaves.
*in a separate bowl mix together all the dressing ingredients
*once the squash is roasted mix into the salad leaves
*drizzle the dressing over and toss the salad so everything is coated
*top with pieces of goats cheese.
2. weekly verse- rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18
4. weekly pic- love this pic because florence has her eyes open and we took it very spontaneously. spontaneous photos are always the best.
5. weekly link– five ways to stay organised in 2016